Kingshill provides high quality residential accommodation and 24 hour personal care and support for people with severe enduring mental illness. We focus on promoting social inclusion and enabling relationships within the community.
We believe that service user input is vital to a recovery outcome based environment. We take pride in the positive relationships formed between our staff and service users and encourage on going participation at every step of the way to recovery.
We also promote personhood and independence as part of our personalised service. We're committed to providing high quality care and qualify of life for our service users.
- Promote independence, rehabilitation and recovery.
- Seek the maximum development of each individual within his or her potential.
- Promote meaningful social contact with other members of the local community and promote social inclusion as a determinant of well being and recovery.
- Provide a variety of meaningful activities and occupation for all service users which include leisure, education, training and employment related activities.
- Provide individual care plans for each service user.
- Promote good health, well being, and healthy lifestyles for all service users, as part of a commitment to reducing health inequalities and improve the health status of the population.
Kingshill is a purpose built two-storey residential care home with 15 single rooms.
We have a bright lounge, conservatory, dining room, communal toilets and bathing facilities. Our resident's kitchen has laundry facilities for individuals who are able to develop or utilise their existing domestic skills, or to assist those who may require a period of rehabilitation prior to moving on to a more independent lifestyle. Bedrooms, bathrooms and toilet facilities are available on both floors.
We also have a lovely therapy room which offers varied therapeutic treatments ranging right from Reiki to beauty care, with the aim of enhancing personal well being and self worth for all of our service users.
Our activity room provides our service users with the opportunity to engage in arts and crafts, games, puzzles and IT.
We have a beautiful large private garden at the rear, and seating at front of the home and are set in our own grounds in a residential area of Standish.
Wigan and Standish town centres are easily accessible by public transport.
For more information